By contrast, the thermometer data from the 1,218 NOAA US Historical Climatology Stations (USHCN) show a decrease in afternoon temepratures.
The percent of hot days has plummeted.
The two most often cited excuses for the data tampering, are a change in average latitude (changing station composition) – and a change in the time when the min/max thermometers were reset (Time of Observation Bias.) The argument behind TOBS adjustments is that most people in the 1930s reset their thermometers during the afternoon, causing double counting of hot days, making the 1930s data too hot.
It is simple enough to eliminate these effects by using a consistent set of long term stations which all reset their thermometers at the same time during the 1930s. This eliminates any need to correct the data.
Morning stations show approximately the same trend as the set of all stations.
Afternoon stations show approximately the same trend as the set of all stations.
What this analysis shows is that the adjustments are unsupportable. TOBS and changing station composition effects are much smaller than the adjustments being made. The US is not warming, and the adjustments which make it appear to be warming are fraudulent.
Even worse is that the data is being altered with the vast majority of the public unaware. If NOAA has concerns about data quality, the correct way to handle it would be to put error bars on the graph – not alter the data to match their theory.https://realclimatescience.com/corruption-of-the-us-temperature-record/
1. Climate alarmism is based mainly around fear of extreme weather. This concept is deeply rooted in human nature, and has its roots in ancient stories of giant floods, famines and plagues – caused (of course) by man’s sins. Climate alarmists are tapping into that primal fear, and pushing the same idea of extreme weather and floods caused by mankind’s carbon sins.
The reality is that there is no legitimate evidence extreme weather is increasing or sea level rise is accelerating. The fears are baseless.
2. Climate alarmism is much like the story of the Emperor’s New Clothes. People may not see any evidence of catastrophic climate change or sea level rise, but their opinion is irrelevant because 97% of scientists believe we are doomed due to global warming. Only a small handful of people whom the press and politicians quote over and over again are allowed to state an opinion, and they are claimed to represent 97% of the world’s millions of scientists.
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.
– Michael Crichton
Obama’s claims are baseless, yet politicians want to prosecute climate heretics.
There has never been any survey done of actual scientists which showed anything remotely like Obama’s claims. Obama made his claim in 2013, but a survey of professional members of the American Meteorological Society made that year, showed that only 52% of their members believed global warming is primarily man-made – much less dangerous. (I am not aware of any broad survey of scientists where they were even asked if the one part per ten thousand increase in CO2 over the past century is dangerous.) No group in the AMS survey came close to 97%, and among professional forecasters – less than half believed global warming is primarily man-made.
What little consensus there is, is based around intimidation of academics and censorship, as I detail in this video.
3. Academics have been making apocalyptic predictions for decades. All have failed miserably, yet they keep repeating the same misinformation over and over again. Had their forecasts been correct, we wouldn’t be here now to have this discussion.
4. Climate alarmism is completely dependent on graphs and useless climate models generated by a small handful of people. The graphs are generated through scientifically corrupt processes of data tampering and hiding data.
A large amount of detail is provided in the blog posts below.
5. The most important argument against climate alarmism is that the proposed solutions are unworkable, dangerous and useless. They were made without consulting engineers, and have zero chance of success. A robust discussion about our energy future is needed, but that discussion is censored in favor of propaganda.
We need to have a serious discussion about our energy future, but news agencies like the New York Times and the LA Times have an openly stated policy of censoring anyone with a dissenting opinion. This is dangerous, un-American and threatens our survival. Climate change is not an imminent threat, but the proposed solutions are.
If there was an actual climate crisis, it would be obvious. Alarmists wouldn’t have to hide and tamper with data. https://realclimatescience.com/the-five-top-arguments-against-climate-alarmism/
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
– H. L. Mencken
Academics have been forecasting doom for my entire life. Needless to say, it hasn’t happened, as we are still here.
A few days after we landed on the moon 50 years ago, Stanford professor Paul Ehrlich forecast that we would disappear in a cloud of blue steam within 20 years. Ehrich is John Holdren’s close associate, and Holdren was Obama’s science advisor.
I have hundreds more of these predictions on file, but this is enough to get the point across. Climate alarmists, and alarmists in general, are incompetent, dishonest hacks – who change their story every time the wind shifts. And no matter how many times they are wrong, they never lose credibility with the press.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!